- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp yellow mustard
- Salt and Pepper
For the rest of the ingredients we like Kroger’s best.
For the Shrimp
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (or beer)
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup Old Bay seasoning + 1.5 tablespoon for tossing.
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic.
- 4 to 6 peppercorns
- 2 pounds medium to large shrimp
For Cocktail Sauce:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- Pinch salt
A few other cookin in tips. Most grocery stores are set up for visitors, great frozen food and produce, not so much so in the meat section. We have a Sam’s Club on the Island that has nice cuts of meat. If you don’t have a membership you can get a one- day pass online. Just be sure to get the pass on line before you arrive. They do not give out the passes in the Club. If you come up with your own easy “cookin in” recipe, send up a message from the contact page and we will post it here… Happy Cookin’